Best UV & LED Nail Lamps
Are you satisfy with the current state of your nails which is fast becoming rough and unattractive? Certainly not! So you need to retouch them. You have to visit a manicurist for the latest acrylic nail in town. This is 2020! you need to apply latest gel or shellac manicure on your nails to make them look classic and gorgeous.
As much as applying a gel or shellac manicure is the best way to change your nails outlook, it is important you visit a very professional nail technician who knows and has the best nail lamp for curing UV or LED nail gel polish.
There are UV and LED Nail polish, and each type has its own suitable lamps. However, we’re set to unveil the list of top 10 Nail Lamps. We shall be unveiling the best three UV Nail lamps, best three LED Nail Lamps and the best four UV LED Nail Lamps.
However, before we unveil the list, lets quickly open your eyes to some things you need to know about Nail Lamps and why they’re important to both professional nail technician or ordinary acrylic nail lovers.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Three UV Lamps In 2020
- 2 1. MelodySusie 36W UV Nail Lamp
- 3 2. MelodySusie 54W
- 4 3. SUNUV Sun2 48W
- 5 Best Three LED Nail Lamps In 2020
- 6 1. Gel II® Pro-Cure 2.0
- 7 2. DeepDream 48W
- 8 3. KEDSUM 12W LED Nail Lamp
- 9 Best Four UV & LED Lamps In 2020
- 10 1. Liberex 48W
- 11 2. LuxeUp 54W UV and LED Curing Nail Lamp
- 12 3. SUNUV 48W UV LED Nail Dryer for Gels Polish
- 13 4. MelodySusie 48W LED UV Nail Lamp
What’s Nail Lamp?
Nail lamp is an equipment used by every nail technician or a do-it-yourself fashionista to cure nail polish. This equipment is very essential to every nail technician as it ensures that gel nail polish or UV nail polish are prettily applied on nails.
However, nail lamp isn’t needed whenever you (as a nail technician or a mere fashionista) are dealing with a regular polish. It is only deployed or utilized when you’re dealing with gel nail polish or UV nail polish because none of the two polishes will dry perfectly if you don’t cure them,unlike a regular polish which dries fast without nail lamp.
This is the major reason why you can’t do without a Nail Lamp while working on a gel manicure as it enhances your skills and makes your work perfect and attractive.
Why Is Nail Lamp Needed While Working On A Gel Polish?
This is because gel polishes consist of photo-initiating molecules that requires light intensity from either a LED lamp or UV Lamp before they become dry (or polymerized) and beautiful.
The light intensity from the listed nail lamps also ensures that gel polishes remain glue to your nails for a very long period of time. Hence, we can said that LED or UV nail lamp is needed to boost the durability of gel polishes.
The Best Three UV Lamps In 2020
We have had so much for the introduction and the enlightenment, let’s go down to the business of the day by unveiling the best three UV nail lamps so far in 2020. Below is a quick preview of the list:
- MelodySusie 36W UV Nail Lamp
- MelodySusie 54W UV Nail Lamp
- SUNUV Sun2 48W UV Nail Lamp
1. MelodySusie 36W UV Nail Lamp
It is safe to use as it contains just 36 watts which isn’t too harsh for your nails. Made with four UV light bulbs, the nail lamp can cure wide range of gel polishes. It consists of three-timer setting and a removable base, which make it more comfortable and easier to use.
- It’s affordable
- It is suitable for pedicurist
- It is suitable for inexperienced nail technician due to its easy-to-use feature
- It is liable to get damaged if it’s connected to a higher voltage.
2. MelodySusie 54W
This mind-blowing UV Lamp consists of internal fan which ensures that it provides a conducive temperature for your nails while curing is in progress. It also consists of extra bulb at the removable bottom panel for more light intensity.
- It saves your time while curing as you can insert both hands at a time.
- It is conducive for all users.
- It is suitable for all kinds of gel.
- It requires larger space, no thanks to its bulkiness
- It has a slow curing speed.
- It requires you to change its bulbs very often.
3. SUNUV Sun2 48W
It consists of 33 ever-shining bulbs which enable it to cure your nails in few seconds. It has three interchangeable pads where you can rest your hands while the lamp cures your fingernails.
- It has a moderate light distribution
- You can set the heat intensity
- It possesses UV/LED Dual Light
- It doesn’t contain a LCD screen display for users
Best Three LED Nail Lamps In 2020
- Gel II® Pro-Cure 2.0
- DeepDream 48W
- KEDSUM 12W Nail Lamp
1. Gel II® Pro-Cure 2.0
It consists of three preset modes, thereby, giving you the total control while curing your nails. With its active LCD display, you are always aware of how long it will take to cure your nails perfectly. The lamp will automatically switch off as soon as the LCD display stops counting or when you remove your fingernails from it.
- It has a very fast curing speed.
- It’s safe to use as it automatically off itself
- It is lightweight and movable
- It’s too portable to contain 10 fingernails at the same time.
2. DeepDream 48W
It consists of 48 watts of power which isn’t too intense for the safety of your hands. Just like the Pro-cure 2.0 lamp, it has 3-timer setting and a huge LCD display screen. This screen shows how long it will take to completely dry your nail.
- It can cure either gel or shellac polish, depending on your preference.
- It has an affordable price tag.
- It can only cure on hand or feet (five fingers or toes) at the same time.
- It’s likely to get overheated whenever it’s in use for a lengthy period.
3. KEDSUM 12W LED Nail Lamp
It’s small in size and it is easy to carry around.
- It possesses a spontaneous on/off feature
- It is easy to use
- It possesses a 4-timer setting
- It is too small to cure more than five fingers at a time.
- It could get damaged sooner than expected due to its fragility status.
Best Four UV & LED Lamps In 2020
— Liberex 48W
— LuxeUp 54W UV and LED Curing Nail Lamp
— SUNUV 48W UV LED Nail Dryer for Gels Polish
— MelodySusie 48W LED UV Nail Lamp
1. Liberex 48W
Apart from curing gels polish with this product, you can also cure glue and acrylics. It’s easy to use as it will automatically switch on when you put your nails into it, and it will automatically switch off as soon as your fingers are out of it. It has a beautiful outlook which will surely add more class to your salon setup.
- It possesses both UV and LED light sources, which enhance its versatility.
- It maintains a conducive temperature while it is in use irrespective of the length of time.
- It consists huge 48 wattage for perfect curing exercise.
- It has a very impressive 4-timer setting system.
- It possesses a one-year warranty, hence, you can return the product back to its manufacturer if it get damaged within a year of purchase.
- It could be slow to respond to customer’s orders.
- It doesn’t give guidelines on how to set the time for specific function.
2. LuxeUp 54W UV and LED Curing Nail Lamp
It deploys 54 watts of power while curing nails, hence, it has no side effect on your eyes. This feature also ensures that your fingers or toes are in good condition as it doesn’t get overheated while in operation.
It is large enough to contain 10 fingers (including your thumbs) at the same time, thereby, preventing you from spending much time in the salon. You can use this product for more than five years without fault, thanks to its durability and overall quality.
It consists of LED Light which makes it effective when it comes to curing all types of gels. Its money-back guarantee makes it possible for you to return the product to the manufacturing company if it doesn’t meet your expectation — and you will get your money without deduction.
- It is affordable
- It dries all type of gels within 30 seconds.
- Possession of Large LED Screen.
- Its durability is questionable
- It is fragile, no thanks to its light weight.
- It is not as attractive as other UV & LED nail lamps on the list.
3. SUNUV 48W UV LED Nail Dryer for Gels Polish
The long-lasting nail dryer consists of easy-to-use feature such as auto-sensing technology which is enhanced by infrared. It consists of 4-timer setting which gives you the control of how well you want your nail to dry.
- It cures all types of gels polish.
- It is eye and skin friendly as it deploys just 40 watts of power and 24 LED light beads.
- It’s easy to clean due to the possession of sliding tray.
- It’s potable and can easily be carried around if there’s need for that.
- It can’t cure two hands at a time.
- It’s highly expensive.
4. MelodySusie 48W LED UV Nail Lamp
This product can also work on both UV and LED gel nails which makes it one of the best lamp you can come across in the year. It consists of automatic sensor technology which helps user to know when curing is done.
- It cures nails in less than a minute due to the possession of smart polish plate.
- It’s skin friendly as it deploys only 48W of light intensity.
- It is attractive and effective
- It is light in weight.
- It comes in two different colors. Hence, it gives you chance to choose the color of your choice.
- Thumbs must be positioned properly before they can never cured — which can be stressful.
- It can only cure five fingernails or toenails at a time.
- It is expensive and it’s not for low salary earners.
Difference Between UV Nail Lamp And LED Nail Lamp
This part might appear strange to many nail technicians as it is often said that there is no difference between the two nail lamps. However, there are some slight differences between the two nail lamps, which we shall be discussing below:
Though the two equipments are very effective when it comes to curing polish, UV Lamp are more effective than the LED Lamp because you can cure a LED polish using UV Nail Lamp but you CAN’T cure a UV polish using a LED nail lamp.
The reason is that UV Lamp has a wide light wavelength ranging from 100 – 400nm, while, LED lamp has a very narrow light intensity that ranges between 400 and 410nm which is too low to cure most gel polishes such as the CND Shellac gel polish.
In a nut shell, LED Nail Lamp are only used in curing LED-specific gel polish, but UV Lamp are used to cure all types of gel polishes.
LED Lamp takes the lead when it comes to speed the with which both lamps operate. We can categorically tell you that LED Lamp can cure a gel polish within 30 seconds, thanks to its massive speed. Unlike LED lamp, UV Lamp can take up to two minutes before curing a polish.
As much as affordability of a product depends on manufacturer’s price tag and quality, LED Lamp is more expensive than a UV Lamp . We will talk more on this aspect in our list of top 10 LED and UV nail Lamp.
- Bulb’s Durability:
LED lamp also takes the leading position in term of bulb’s durability. LED light bulbs last longer than the ones in UV nail lamp. LED lamp bulbs are irreplaceable and they could last for five years and seven months under proper care or usage. As for the UV lamp bulbs, they are replaceable and it is advisable you replace them every two to four months, depending on how often you use it.
LED lamp is lighter in weight when compared to the UV lamp.
Have You Heard Of UV & LED Nail Lamp?
You might find it difficult choosing between UV Lamp and LED lamp because of the differences between them. You might want to go for LED Lamp whose bulb last longer while another part of you is telling you to choose UV Lamp whose effectiveness is second to none. The best way to save yourself from the inward debate is going for a UV & LED Nail Lamp.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Nail Lamp
There are some factors you must consider before buying a nail lamp, these factors will help you get the best lamps at your own convenience. They include include:
- Price Tag: This is first factor you must put into consideration before reaching a conclusion on the type of nail lamp for your salon. LED Nail are more expensive than the UV nail lamp but both products are widely regarded as the best nail curing lamps in the industry. You should go for the one that won’t cause you any financial constraints after buying it.
- Durability: Some call it lifespan while others call it lifetime, but we chose to call it durability. Irrespective of the vocabulary deployed, it means how long the lamp will stay or work without developing any fault. It equally means the number of days a cured gel will last without any damage (although, this largely depends on the quality of polish gels.)
- Skin Safety: It’s believed that some skins are very sensitive, so much that curing a gel polish with either LED Lamp or UV lamp will have a negative effect on them. This why it is very important you ensure that you’re buy a nail lamp that has little or no effect on the skin.
Here is a little guideline: A LED Nail Lamp is a bit safer than UV lamp as it helps to reduce the intensity of UV light while curing your nail. It is also compulsory we tell you that LED lamp protects your fingers or skin from being overheated by its bulbs.
Regina chinyere . Am your regular Dermatologist with 8 years of experience, you can contact me on any of my social media accounts
eczemaskincares is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Additionally, eczemaskincares.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.