What is Peeling Nails?
Peeling nails is an unhealthy condition that forces the layers of your fingernails to peel or crack, thereby, making your fingernails less attractive to the eyes. In most cases, peeling nails isn’t painful, but it will definitely disfigure the appearance of your fingernails. Medically known as Onychoschizia, it is mostly common among young individuals who love fixing artificial or acrylic nails to their natural ones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes Of Peeling Nails
- 2 Internal Causes of Peeling Nails
- 3 How To Prevent Peeling Nails
- 4 Peeling Nail Treatment
- 5 Top Six Peeling Nail Treatment In 2019
- 6 1. Perfanails
- 7 2.KOCOSTAR Nail Therapy
- 8 3. Gena Healthy Hoof Cream
- 9 4. Organica Nail Guardian
- 10 5. Rejuvacote 2
- 11 6. Ellie Chase Nail Treatment
Causes Of Peeling Nails
The causes of nail peeling can be categorized into two parts or segments. They include: External or traumatic causes and Internal causes. External causes of peeling nails include the following:
- Excessive Application Of Nail Polish and Other Nail Products: As someone who is concerned about the outlook of his or her nails, you tend to add too many nail products such as nail polish on them. Though your nails will surely look gorgeous and great, the adverse (or chemical) effects of regular and excess use of nail products often lead to breaking and peeling of nails. In short, the more you apply different nail products on your nails, the further they become weaker and the greater their chances of peeling off.
- Change of Environment: Nails – just like the skin – react to a change of location or weather condition, and one of the ways they do so is by peeling off. However, this cause of peeling nail is not as severe as other causes.
- Dipping Your Nails In Water For A Long Period Of Time: How often you dip your nails in water, especially warm water, determines the strength of your nails. This is why nails peel off after spending long hours in water. It is, therefore, advisable you put on rubber gloves while doing your laundry or washing your dishes.
- Lack of Proper Care For Your Fingernails: As mentioned earlier, untreated nails or dirty nails are liable to peel due to the accumulation of dirt. You should equally be cautious of the tools you used in taking care of your nail because they have the tendency of exposing your nail to many unhealthy conditions.
- Forceful Removal Of Nail Polish: This is another external reason or action that can lead to peeling of fingernails. Forceful removal of nail polish or acrylic nails will definitely cause your natural nails to peel.
Other external actions that can lead to peeling nails include excessive use of nails as holding tools, mounting pressure on your nails, and putting heavy loads on your nails.
Internal Causes of Peeling Nails
Internal causes, as used in this context, means some health challenges or conditions that can lead to peeling nails. It equally means that your immune system is reacting to some abnormalities in the body, which resulted to peeling nails. These causes include the following:
- Insufficient Night Rest (Sleep): Your nails are liable to peel when you don’t have quality night rest for a lengthy period. According to National Sleep Foundation’s sleeping timetable, human being should sleep for at least seven hours daily to avoid effect of anemia. You are advised to visit here to find a lasting solution to all kind of sleeping problems.
- Dehydration: Your nails are expected to peel if there is a shortage of fluid(water) in your body system.
- Iron Deficiency: Lack of Iron in your body is equally responsible for the peeling nails.
Other internal causes of peeling nails include kidney diseases, inactive thyroid, lung-related diseases and Fungal infections.
How To Prevent Peeling Nails
Treating or preventing peeling nails doesn’t cost much efforts or money because it only requires you to change your lifestyle. To prevent peeling nails you need to be involved in some of the activities listed below:
- Ensure That Your Nails are properly cared for.
- You must eat a balanced diet
- You mustn’t underestimate the importance of Vitamin E, Vitamin B-7, Omega-3 acids to your nails.
- Ensure that you take enough quantity of water daily
- Avoid too much of nail polish on your fingernails
Peeling Nail Treatment
If you are suffering from peeling nail problem, you no longer need to prevent it, but to treat it as soon as possible. This is why we have taken our time to make a concrete research and come up with top six nails products that will save your nail from the unwanted situation. This list is compiled based on customer’s remarks and reviews; Product’s availability, efficiency and affordability.
Top Six Peeling Nail Treatment In 2019
Manufacturer: PerfaNails; Product Dimensions: 4.7 inches x 0.4 inches x 0.4 inches; Weight: 0.800 ounces;
Topping the list is one product that offers your more than the price you pay to get it. Perfanails treatment is more than the beauty, strength and attractive look it adds to your nails — it helps you change your attitude for better.
Yes, you heard me right! This product is a must-have for everyone who can’t do without nail-biting or thumbs-licking because it contains natural formulas that will discourage you from biting your nails or sucking your thumbs.
How is this possible? The product is characterized by healthy but unpleasant taste that will make you feel uneasy whenever you bite your nail, or you lick your thumb. The more you feel uncomfortable, the faster you learn to restrain from the bad habit until you completely put an end to it. Meanwhile, Perfanails is rich in natural ingredients, including Aloe Vera and chondroitin, which ensures that your nails enjoy healthy growth, and massive strength to overcome peeling problems.
- Suitable for all age groups, except 0-3 years of age.
- It is affordable
- It is easy to use as it comes with a pen-size applicator
- It is all-round effective as it serves multiple purposes.
- It stays longer on your nails, thanks to its sticky formulas.
- Unsatisfied customers will get their money back. However, your complains must be heard within one month of transaction.
- Taste could be unbearable and too strong for children below 10 years.
Are you someone who hates putting flashy or multi-colored polish on your fingernails? Do you want to treat your peeling nails in a discreet way without calling the attention of the public?
If you belong to these two categories, then, this product is best for you as it is a polish with pink color, which is more or less like nail’s natural color. With KOCOSTAR Nail Therapy, you will make your nail grow stronger and healthier within a short period of time as it consists of Hexanal, Oxygen-permeable feature, UV filter and anti-aging plant cells. Everyone — including children, adult and old — can use it because it doesn’t possess harmful ingredients such as formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, DBP, and Camphor.
- It is safe for everyone’s usage.
- Quick and effective action against peeling nails.
- According to one of customer’s reviews, polish doesn’t last long as it got chipped after few hours.
- It is slightly expensive and could be unaffordable for average individuals.
Manufactured by: American International Industries; Product Dimensions: 2 inches x 2 inches x 5.2 inches; Weight: 5.6 ounces.
Put an end to the existence of peeling nail with Gena Healthy Hoof Cream, which is rich in Aloe Vera, Caster Oil and Lanolin. The presence of Aloe Vera makes this product one of the best moisturizing creams you can ever come across in 2019, and it’s one of the products that offer optimum care for your nail cuticles.
Gena healthy Hoof Cream also possesses effective essential oils that help in strengthening your nails and prevent them from cracking and peeling. It contains high quantity of antioxidants, vitamins and protein, and it is known for its ability to repair damaged nails and soften nail cuticles. Its prime function is to ensure that your fingernails and toenails are in good condition at all times.
- No adverse effects on the skin
- It is highly effective, judging by the unlimited impressive reviews from customers.
- It is extremely cheap
- Relaxing and pleasant smell
- There could be an availability problem, as it currently remains only 14 packages at Amazon.
- No money-back guarantee
Manufactured by: Kessep; Weight: 4.0 ounces;
Organica Nail Guardian is a must-have product for everyone experiencing peeling nails as it is manufactured mainly to fight all Fungus whose effects can lead to peeling of fingernails or toenails.
The product — which is packaged in a bottle — didn’t just cure this ugly condition, it equally serves as preventive measures as it provides you with the chance to mollify your cuticles, strengthen your nails and beautify your nails without stress. So, you mustn’t wait until your nails experience the unhealthy condition before you get this product as they say ‘prevention is better than cure’
- No adverse effect on the skin
- It is sulfate-free
- You can get your money back if you’re not impressed with the overall performance of the product within a month.
- It is quite expensive
- It could be unavailable at Amazon in few days as it remains just 11 pieces left in stock.
5. Rejuvacote 2
Manufactured by: American Fragrance & Cosmetic Company; Dimensions: 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches x 3.2 inches; product weight: 1.6 ounces
Rejuvacote 2 is another product that possesses all you need to improve the strength and health of your fingernails and toenails. Despite the possession of different formulas, The manufacturing company ensures that Rejuvacote 2 is free from DBP, formaldehyde and toluene because they can be very dangerous to sensitive skins and nails.
It is rich in vitamins, hydrolyzed soy and wheat protein, calcium, and keratin; thereby, making it one of the best nail strengthening products throughout the outgoing year. It prevents your nail from breaking or chipping if you utilize it according to company’s directions for use.
- It is relatively cheap
- It’s easy to use
- It last longer as it contains sticky formulas.
- No money-back guarantee
- Smell can be offensive to highly sensitive individuals.
- Doesn’t work on artificial or acrylic nails.
It is believed that peeling nails is one of the negative effects of Fungus, and the best way to combat fungal infections and impact on your nails is to get this product. Ellie Chase Nail Treatment Solution is made from essential oils that are known for their zero affinity for fungal infections.
The product gets rid of Fungus on fingernails and toenails. It helps to repair damaged nails, and it prevents brittling and cracking of nails. You’re advised to apply the Anti-fungal solution to infected nails two times per-day to get the best result from this product. As soon as all the traces of fungi have been cleared, your infected nails will speedily recover their natural and beautiful structure.
- Effective action against Fungal and bacterial infections
- It is affordable
- No money-back guarantee
- It could be hard to get as it is currently unavailable at Amazon
Our Closing Remarks
Encouraging a healthy lifestyle is the perfect way to preventing your nails from peeling. However, any of the listed products will surely go a long way in helping you acquire beautiful and healthy fingernails and toenails.
Meanwhile, one of the listed products is without an accurate price tag because it is currently unavailable at Amazon. We saw different price tags during our research, so, we decided to pick the least and highest price tag as the range.
Regina chinyere . Am your regular Dermatologist with 8 years of experience, you can contact me on any of my social media accounts
eczemaskincares is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Additionally, eczemaskincares.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.