POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE FOR ECZEMA CURE
Potassium permanganate can be referred to as a medication and an inorganic chemical compound.
Potassium permanganate is a good oxidizing agent which comes with deodorizing, disinfectant, and astringent properties. The chemical equation is KMnO4.
It is a dark purple or almost black crystal or granular powder, which is also odorless in its raw state.
POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE FOR ECZEMA USE
If you need to apply potassium permanganate to small wet wounds, take note, only a small amount of a very dilute solution is necessary. But larger affected areas, like eczema infections on large parts of your body, especially in the presence of blisters, pus and oozing, this may require good treatment with potassium permanganate water baths solutions. These baths dissolved solutions must contain very dilute potassium permanganate solutions.
Read also: Best Treatment for eczema on face, Nose and Hands
Prior to applying potassium permanganate to your skin for the treatment of eczema, it is very vital to dilute it with water. Many medical uses and instructions require a dilution of 1 part to 10 when using a 0.1% potassium permanganate solution to be on a safe side.
In order to get an appropriate dilution using potassium permanganate 0.1% solution, combine 1 part potassium permanganate with 10 parts hot water. Please observe that undiluted potassium permanganate has a striking purple color, but a well-diluted solution should appear or come in pink color.
Read also: Home Remedy for Eczema
This chemical must be diluted because the undiluted solution may cause burns. It may irritate the skin even when diluted, and with constant repeated use may cause burns.
It also comes in 400-milligram (mg) tablets. To use the tablets in a bathtub, dissolve 1 tablet in 4 liters of hot water before pouring into the bath. The bath soak may be repeated twice daily for two days for the desired result.
SIDE EFFECTS OF POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE
The excessive use of this chemical can be very hazardous, hence caution and prescription must be applied.
- Potassium permanganate is indeed a powerful chemical solution that needs to be diluted before being applied to the affected area of the skin. In cases of not being diluted, it can damage the skin as well as the mucous membranes of the victim’s eyes, throat, nose, anus, as well as the genitals.
- Potassium permanganate should be avoided, or not come close to the eyes because it can lead to very severe deep burns and pains, and make sure you don’t swallow any, even in its diluted form.
- Potassium permanganate is generally safe when administered properly, but it may leave a brown stain on the skin including the nails, this should fade away in a day or two. Another area to pay attention to is your bathtub. It might also leave a stain in your bathtub which is usually hard to remove, and that is why most people would rather use it in a smaller basin.
- Some of the other side effects include redness, burns, and skin irritation.
- Ensure to contact your doctor if potassium permanganate leads to irritation on your skin or maybe causes redness. The best bet is to stop and seek proper medical attention.
- For safety reasons, ensure you are wearing gloves when you’re preparing a dilution with this chemical. Weather potassium permanganate crystal or crystals; ensure that they’re fully dissolved in water before using the solution. Using hot water will assist in dissolve it.
- It can also lead to collapse or shock, abdominal pain, vomiting, burning sensation and Diarrhea if digested mistakenly.
BENEFITS OF POTASSIUM POMEGRANATE
There are a lot of benefits to derive from this chemical and some includes,
Very essential in Water Treatment. With the high oxidizing property of this chemical, it comes in very handy as a perfect source to be used for the water treatment process.
It removes magnesium and iron from the water. This method of using it turns out to be quiet useful for the water sources which come directly from the deep ground where it can encounter any type of germs.
It aids in the removal of the rusts which comes from water pipes and equipment. The possibilities of cholera and other water-associated diseases could also be minimized by washing food items such as vegetables, fruits, with cooking utensils with diluted potassium permanganate solution.
Potassium permanganate is also good at getting stains out of some things. Take for instance; you can actually remove ‘foxing’ from an old book using a potassium permanganate solution. But at also take note, if it gets on your skin, you will defiantly end up with brown stains that can be very hard to get rid of.
Treatment of Fish Diseases. This chemical can be used in the treatment of fish diseases with pests and parasites.
It cures bacterial gill infections with skin ulcers.
It reacts with organic matter such as algae, bacteria, and particulates. However, the level of percentage should be necessarily known while using this chemical for the treatment process.
It can also be used to treat diseases such as impetigo and athlete’s foot.
To start a fire.
Potassium permanganate can be used to start a fire. With just about 10 g 1/3 oz and some glycerin of about 1 ml or 1/4 teaspoon. Or with the addition of sugar and water.
Put potassium permanganate in a small ceramic dish, drop the glycerol into it and stand back. In a few seconds the dish will start to smoke, and then a sudden purplish flame will appear.
The British Pharmaceutical Codex of 1968 says potassium permanganate chemical solution can be used as a first aid treatment for venous snake bites.
Although it caveats this use as not clinically proven yet, at the same time it will help destroy any venom that is on the skin’s surface.
It can also be used to neutralize mustard gas, notwithstanding if it has been in the ground for decades. All that is needed to just to pour a little of the chemical solution on the area affected.
Regina chinyere . Am your regular Dermatologist with 8 years of experience, you can contact me on any of my social media accounts
eczemaskincares is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Additionally, eczemaskincares.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.